Here are 5 ways to stay connected. (These are not for everyone but one or two may work)
The Daily Commute.
Don’t just tumble out of bed and go to the laptop. Why not grab a coffee (on your virtual way to work) and make a pre-arranged call to a colleague. Fireside chats first thing in the morning can help focus.
Gamify the day
Working from home can eat into your time management techniques. It’s very easy for time to slide so why not choose a co-worker and gamify the day. Break each task into 25 minutes -Bill Gates has been doing this for years. Grab a teammate (virtually) and then Ready-set-go! Then give yourself a 5-minute break and do it again. Task discipline will quickly come back.
Always on video
In the office we used to have death by PowerPoint we now having death by video. So put the discipline back into video usage. If you used to have chats with colleagues at the water cooler, have chats with colleagues over video. Set up time it at a set time, have them frequently and make it mandatory for all. Or even better, use WhatsApp or go old school and call. It’s easy to dial others in that way.
When life revolved around the office, we very rarely had time to socialise with our colleagues outside of work hours in this new virtual world that’s easy so why not arrange a Thursday night Curry night or pub games. As long as it’s fun who cares Just keep it professional
We’ve done enough of these by now… Virtual meetings. No matter how many are on the call there are certain disciplines that need to be introduced. Have only the documents open you need for the meeting. Switch everything else off. Turn your mobile to silent. Imagine you’re in a room with your colleagues and the only thing that matters is the topic of conversation Create a virtual world that supports this meeting.
Good luck and if you need any help our contact details are below.
Who are Big River Solutions?
- We are Big River Solutions a global Category Marketing consultancy based in the UK specialising in driving commercial excellence.
- Our focus is on helping our clients grow through connecting their categories and brands to their target consumers, shoppers and customers. Creating Category’s for Growth is our expertise.
- We help develop rigorous and commercially integrated strategic and tactical growth plans for categories and brands based on knowledge, insight, vision and a deep understanding of market drivers.
- We help convert plans into action through innovation and engagement that drives positive behaviour changes in target consumers, shoppers and customers and delivers expected results.
- We help develop and embed commercial capabilities required to gain and sustain competitive advantage through organisation and people.
How can we find out more?
- Follow Big River Solutions on LinkedIn for content that you will find to be up to date, relevant to you and supply actionable thoughts.
- Head to our website for details of our proposition, team, customer partners etc.
- Take a health check. In answering the survey below you will receive an informed appraisal of your category marketing capability.
- Subscribe to our mailing list