We have often seen the same issue affect global businesses. They have created a global or regional category vision and drivers, which they then expect the market-based teams to adopt and apply. However, this brings with it some issues:
• Will, your in-market teams align behind a centrally produced Category Strategy?
• Is it fit for purpose? Are the drivers equally relevant to each market?
• Are there other drivers more relevant for your local teams?
• Is it robust enough to align your investment?
• Will, your customers support this in each market?
There is a solution to this quandary; you need to translate your global Category Vision and Drivers into a market-relevant (but consistent) version through a series of challenge and build sessions with the local market team to align, adapt and apply.
• A more powerful and cohesive category strategy and story that is locally relevant and applied to be a more compelling investment opportunity for your brands and your customers
How it works
• We, at Big River Solutions, have distilled our vast international experience in guiding companies to create highly effective, business accelerating Category Strategies and Category Based Selling Presentations into a set of practical best-practice standards and guides
• Working with the local business, we will embed your global Category Vision and Strategy, using co-creation workshops to validate and build a relevant version for each market and help them apply it to their brand, consumer, shopper, channel and customer plans