This Privacy Notice sets out:
- who we are
- why we need to collect your personal data
- the general categories of personal data that we may process
- the purposes for which we may process your personal data
- the legal bases of the processing
- who has access to your data and who the data may be shared with
- how we will protect your data
- how long we will retain your data
- your rights as a data subject
Who we are
Big River Solutions of 6-8 Chapel Street Marlow-upon-Thames, SL7 1DD, United Kingdom. Telephone: 01189 326 875
Big River Solutions is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses personal data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Why we need to collect your personal data
We need to collect personal data to send you information as per your request or in order to maintain records, in order to communicate with you or your organisation about the services that we provide to you or your organisation.
The categories of personal data that we may process
The personal data that we normally collect includes your name, job title, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number.
Purposes of the processing
The purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- to maintain records of our customers for legal or contractual purposes;
- to communicate with you or your organisation in order to make appointments, to send invoices or similar (service communication);
- to send you marketing information about similar services that we offer.
Lawful basis for the processing
Personal data may be processed by Big River Solutions under a number of lawful bases:
- Contract: Processing of your personal data may be necessary for the performance of a business or employment contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Legal Obligation: Processing of your personal data may also be necessary to enable Big River Solutions to comply with legal obligations to which Big River Solutions is subject, for example, we may be required to collect personal data of interviewees in the course of an audit.
- Legitimate Interest: Personal data may be collected to respond to enquiries and to supply relevant marketing information about our services. Personal data will also be collected in response to job advertisements or recruitment enquiries.
Who has access to your data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with Big River Solutions staff and managers and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
Your data may also be shared with third parties who provide certain business functions or process data on behalf of Big River Solutions and its clients or where there is a legal or contractual requirement for Big River Solutions to do so. Big River Solutions does not permit data processors acting on its behalf to use the data for any other purpose.
How does Big River Solutions protect your data?
Big River Solutions takes the security of your data seriously. The organisation has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by authorised employees in the performance of their duties.
Where Big River Solutions engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, those third parties do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
Big River Solutions will not knowingly transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Big River Solutions’ Data Retention Policy requires personal data to be deleted or securely destroyed when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was originally obtained.
Big River Solutions normally holds data for seven years after performance, except where we are under contractual obligations to retain the personal data for longer periods.
Where we are using your details for direct marketing, Big River Solutions will keep such data until you notify us to delete the data or withdraw your consent.
Data held by Big River Solutions is securely destroyed at the end of the retention period in accordance with our information security policies.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- request the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Big River Solutions by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org