- Rapidly evolving consumer needs and expectations
- Transformative shopper access to goods and services
- Dynamic and shifting retail landscape
- Acceleration and fragmentation of media options
- Emergence of highly focused micro competitors with global reach
- Stricter social and environmental parameters for business activity
Flexible, tailored and effective consulting, facilitation and coaching support...
...to accelerate your business performance and embed ways of working
An organisation's commercial performance is accelerated when...
It identifies, quantifies and assesses the total market opportunity and potential threats for the consumer defined categories in which it competes, and sets the context for its brands to compete more successfully and sustainably
It drives sustainable growth and equity of the company’s brands across all categories in which they compete by exploiting relevant category growth opportunities whilst building sustainable and relevant propositions for target consumers, shoppers and retailers
It ensures the company’s brands are consumers’ first choice at every relevant moment of consumption
It ensures the company’s brands are shoppers’ first choice whenever they make the decision to buy from the Category, and to ensure that decision is acted upon when they make the purchase
It secures sufficient and preferential support for the company’s brands within its Customers’ sphere of operation and influence
...but businesses are increasingly challenged...
The external business environment is increasingly complex, dynamic and challenging…
…which presents several key commercial challenges for competing organisations…
…and places pressure on an organisation’s ability to find and exploit sources of growth with true potential...
…whilst dealing with critical internal capability challenges
- Growing the market and growing faster than the Market
- Building brand equity and value in all categories where it competes
- Delivering a valued consumer experience, consistently
- Influencing and servicing the shopper wherever and whenever they wish to buy
- Achieving and coordinating the required levels of customer support across all channels
- Operating in a more digital, global and instantaneous market
- Where should we compete?
- How should we compete?
- Can we compete?
- What do we need to know?
- Do we really understand what is happening and why?
- Where is the potential and how do we access it?
- Do our plans lead to effective innovation and activity?
- How should we engage with our target market?
- How do we respond to, and manage operational issues?
Big River Solutions will help you achieve your commercial ambition by winning in 4 critical moments of truth…
Point of Consumption
Point of Purchase
Point of Sale
Point of Buying
…by identifying and exploiting two key sources of growth…
Opportunities that are as yet undiscovered
Opportunities that are as yet undiscovered
…for your Categories and Brands across your total market value chain…
We use multiple skill sets to provide flexible ways of working …
…guided by a logical, modular framework of commercial activity…
Develop understanding of the important context, key issues and challenges facing the business
Identify the underlying barriers and triggers for commercial success
Develop clear picture of success and the strategic and operational plans to achieve it
Efficiently translate plans into more effective innovations and activities
Engage more persuasively and productively with your target consumers, shoppers and customers
More efficient and effective management of operational requirements
…tailored to your commercial capabilities…
The team is clear on the purpose of the work and their roles within it
The work follows a logical process that fits with internal ways of working
The team is organised and structured to deliver their responsibilities efficiently
The people engaged in the work are able to deliver their responsibilities
Development requirements are defined and accommodated within the work plan
The organisation will provide the team with the information, tools and support to deliver their purpose
...to deliver integrated, cross functional solutions that accelerate business performance
Big River Solutions Consultancy will help you...
- Identify and exploit latent and potential opportunities for category and brand growth
- Win more with consumers, shoppers and customers
- Cross functional alignment, commitment and contribution to commercial ambition
Implement Pragmatic Solutions
- Develop understanding of commercial issues
- Explore and define the underlying causes
- Develop plans and solutions that are implementable
Deliver Expected Results
- Translate plans into innovative and effective activities
- Engage with consumers, shoppers and customers more effectively and efficiently
- Manage operational issues to deliver preferred outcomes
Be Flexible, Tailored, Effective
- Flexible, but disciplined approach to solving commercial issues
- Tailored solutions to fit with internal capacity and capability
- Led by experienced commercial practitioners