- Rapidly evolving consumer needs and expectations
- Transformative shopper access to goods and services
- Dynamic and shifting retail landscape
- Acceleration and fragmentation of media options
- Emergence of highly focused micro competitors with global reach
- Stricter social and environmental parameters for business activity
Blended capability and competence development solutions...
...that are rapidly transferable into the workplace
An organisations competitiveness is underpinned by its capability...
To identify and exploit opportunities for growth
To identify and define the capabilities required to be successful
To raise their competence levels above that of their competitors
Developing capability and competence is increasingly important
The business environment is increasingly complex, dynamic and challenging...
..which places enormous pressure on the organisations ability to compete effectively...
- Strategies are required to be more agile and dynamic
- Rapidly changing scope of critical capabilities required for success
- Increasingly competent competitors emerging around the world
...and highlights critical challenges in capability and competence development
- What capabilities do we need to accelerate our business performance?
- Are we competent enough to be competitive?
- Can we develop our competencies to the right level fast enough?
- Will our good people stay with us?
- Are we preparing our people for the challenges of the future?
No business can afford to allow their commercial capabilities to fall behind those of their competitors
The Big River Solutions Academy will develop your competence in critical commercial capabilities to help you...
Accelerate business performance
Build a sustainable source of competitive advantage
Rapidly raise the standard of essential skills in the workplace
Improve employee retention and engagement
Manage your workforce development and succession more efficiently
Big River Solutions Academy offers a comprehensive solution for commercial capability development
Develop understanding of the important context, key issues and challenges facing the business
Identify the underlying barriers and triggers for commercial success
Develop clear picture of success and the strategic and operational plans to achieve it
Efficiently translate plans into more effective innovations and activities
Engage more persuasively and productively with your target consumers, shoppers and customers
More efficient and effective management of operational requirements
Develop clarity on team and individual purpose and contribution within the organisation
Develop efficient processes and ways of working for key deliverables that coordinate team and individual contributions
Transform ”Silo” commercial organisations into efficient and effective cross functional teams
Match people to the current and future needs of the business
Develop the levels of individual and team competence to meet current and future competitive requirements
Provide the information, tools and support for people to excel
Delivered through a flexible and modular programme of activity
Developing the Capability Roadmap
- Aligning capability framework to strategy
- Identifying the enabling competencies
- Integrating all commercial roles into a one team approach
Measuring Capability Gaps
- Measuring competence in critical capabilities
- Prioritising and selecting competence gaps
- Developing the plan to close competence gaps
- Designing the right intervention
- Developing materials to support the intervention
- Delivering the intervention to achieve targeted outcomes
Delivered across the entire commercial team to create seamless and supportive ways of working
Covers the full suite of critical commercial capabilities
Identifies levels of competence in each of those commercial capabilities
Identifies the competitive standard required for success
Delivers pragmatic learning solutions that are rapidly transferable into the workplace
- Identifies the critical capabilities required to deliver the commercial strategy in category, brand, consumer, shopper and customer marketing
- Clarifies the purpose and role of teams and individuals
- Assessment against best practice, competitive position and strategic expectations
- Identifies market relevant strengths and weaknesses across whole commercial team
- Creates a practical roadmap to guide and track future development
- Moves the organisation forward as one team
- Learn by doing – utilise real world scenarios and actual business problems
- Face to face learning modules either in person or virtual
- Delivered by experienced commercial practitioners